This website provides information, tips and suggested actions to help you get the most from the features of your apartment in the Nicholson.
It also includesВ useful information about the nearbyВ area and includes tips to maximise your comfort, reduce your energy consumption, water use and greenhouse gas emissions, limit your impact on the environment, and potentially save money.
Much of the information on this website can also be accessed in your Residents Information Folder.
Please note that whilst this site provides an overview of the Nicholson, it is essential that the Owners Corporation rules are read in conjunction. A copy of the Owners Corporation rules is provided in your Resident Information Folder for your reference. Additional copies of the Residents Information Booklet and the Owners Corporation rules are available from the Urban Communities office which is located on the ground floor at Shop 3, 14-20 Nicholson Street, East Coburg.
The Nicholson in East Coburg, Melbourne is a commercially-replicable and highly innovative mixed use, mixed tenure apartment development offering affordable living in a well connected location. The project set out to create a landmark development demonstrating high quality, sustainable design within an urban village context.
It has delivered 199 homes designed for affordable living in a sought-after inner city location.
With a mix of privately owned, affordable and social housing dwellings, this graduated three to nine-storey apartment complex showcases:
- The largest building in Melbourne to-date utilising modular construction; studio, one and two bedroom apartments built offsite and craned into position.
- An interspersed mix of 110 privately owned apartments, 31 affordable rental apartments and 58 social housing apartments; all built to the same quality specifications.
- A unique onsite place management model, with one entity managing all building, common property, leasing and tenancy management services for the development.
- Urban form providing a gateway to the existing urban village, marking a transition from suburban housing to retail and commercial activity.
The mixed use, mixed tenure project transformed a disused tram depot into affordable living options; only 7km from MelbourneвЂ™s CBD and within close proximity of:
- Tram, train and bus connections
- Three schools
- Two hospitals and other medical facilities
- Merri Creek bike trail, multiple parks and public open spaces
- Jobs and services
Ground floor retail, including a proposed supermarket, will create on-street activity while catering for new and nearby existing residents.