All waste collection areas including general waste and recycling facilities are located on the ground floor.
Please note: it is the responsibility of the resident to ensure that all waste is transported from your apartment to the refuse rooms.
There are two locations (one at each end of the building) available for residents to use (refer to the marked plan below; refuse rooms are marked in green). The lines shown in green indicate the direction that residents can take from each lift to get to the designated refuse rooms.
The collection of the waste from the designated refuse rooms is performed by a contractor who is engaged by the Owners Corporation and managed by Urban Communities.
Residents of the Nicholson are required to:
- Keep rubbish in appropriate containers and make sure rubbish is cleared on collection days;
- Comply with any directions of the Owners Corporation concerning disposal or recycling of rubbish;
- Clean, drain and place glass, unbroken, in the area which the Owners Corporation provides for this purpose;
- Store recyclable items, including paper and plastic, in the area which the Owners Corporation provides for this purpose;
- Flatten cardboard and packaging and place it neatly in the area which the Owners Corporation provides for this purpose; and
- Drain and securely wrap rubbish in small parcels or bags.